TurboTax is a well-known tax preparation application that helps taxpayers record their state and federal taxes on their own. This application is created by Intuit to keep a record of the tax step by step, and it is also not tough to use. However, at times taxpayers face the issue with TurboTax login. The application is curated in a manner to make it easy for the users to file the return. The only problem which customers often face is TurboTax login issues or TurboTax login not working.
What are the Common TurboTax Login Problems and Issues?
Some of the important factors that contribute to TurboTax login not working correctly:
- There can be some issue with the configuration which is bothering TurboTax login
- In case you overlook your TurboTax password, then you might come across the issues with TurboTax login
- TurboTax login not working appropriately because there can be a possibility that your password is expired
The above pointers might help you detect why TurboTax login issues are occurring in your system.
Why Can’t I Log into My TurboTax Account?
Common Reasons why you’re facing TurboTax Login Issues:
What to do If TurboTax Login Not Working?
If your TurboTax login is not working, then you can manually troubleshoot the TurboTax login trouble. Below is the stepwise guide on how to troubleshoot TurboTax login problems:
- Uninstall the application and then reinstall
- Clear your cache and cookies from your system/PC
- Go for the account restoration procedure to resolve the TurboTax login problem.
Has TurboTax been Hacked 2020?
If TurboTax login not working properly, there is a possibility that the account has been hacked. Yes, hackers access the tax return information from a stolen password from a third party from TurboTax. However, it did not breach the internal systems at Intuit, and just one account was accessed.
How do I Access My TurboTax Account?
In case you are not able to login to TurboTax or facing issues while accessing TurboTax, then follow the below steps:
- Visit the account recovery page
- Enter either your phone number, email address, or user-id
- Follow the instructions based on the information you’ve entered
The steps mentioned above will surely help you access your TurboTax account in case you’re facing TurboTax login problems.
Know How to Create a New TurboTax Account:
- Primarily connect your system with a good internet connection
- In the address bar, enter the address of TurboTax
- When the TurboTax website appears, click on ‘create a new account’
- A box will appear on your system’s screen; when you see that, enter the other required details
- Finally, enter your email address, user id, phone number & password
Steps to Recover TurboTax Login Id or Password
Recovery of the TurboTax password is not a big task. Follow the steps mentioned below, and your TurboTax login problem will be solved in a few minutes.
- Connect your system with the internet
- Visit the official website of TurboTax
- Click on the ‘sign in’ button
- Enter your details in the sign-in info. You will be asked to provide either an email id or password
- Click on forgot email and password
- Enter your mail id and registered cell number
- You will then receive a response, and in case you did not receive then tap on the other options
- You will be asked to enter your first name, last name, DOB and security number
- Once all the information is given, then the user information will be sent on the respective mail id.
In case the above information fails to resolve your Turbotax login problem, contact TurboTax’s customer service department and provide you professional help to recover your TurboTax login information. Moreover, if you’re asked to submit a photo, make sure to upload a clear picture that reveals your face properly. For security reasons, never ever send your full social security number through any of the avenues. There are high chances that TurboTax’s customer service team might ask you to provide them some documents to easily verify your identity. Some of those documents include:
- US Driver’s License
- US Passport
- Notarized Document with your Name and Address
- State Issued ID with Address
We hope that the blog is helpful to you and you will be able to fix TurboTax Login problems and issues if login not working properly.